Saturday, January 7, 2012

Brunch

True story.  I just made the best brunch ever.  EVER.  I had all of this left over bread from America which I cut into cubes and made croutons out of.  But, we don't really eat croutons much.  Solution: Savory Bread Pudding.  Oh my god this was delicious and it was thrown together with leftover stuff in the fridge.

In a bowl whisk together 5 eggs, milk, parmesan, salt and pepper.  Pour egg mix over croutons and let sit.

Cook 1 onion and some garlic in red wine.  Add mushrooms and spinach.

Add spinach mix to bread and sprinkle with more parmesan.  Bake (or convection oven for like 400 hours) until brown (and then microwave until the eggs set).

Paul agrees.  Next time we're adding bacon and calling it dinner.  
Like my new shirt?
P.S. See my flowers in the window sill?  Paul came to pick me up from the end of work last night, asked me to grab a sweatshirt out of his backpack and there was a bouquet of flowers.  Saranhaeyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment